Personal Support Worker (Fergus)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Personal Support Workers to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 87-bed long term care home in Fergus, Ontario. Under the supervision of the Registered Staff, you will provide personal care and selected nursing measures necessary to maintain the physical, emotional, spiritual and social well-being of our residents.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Current PSW certification
- Able to accept verbal and/or written direction
- Able to cope with physical and emotional demands of the job
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (able to read and write in the English language)
- Punctual and reliable
- Geriatric, long term care experience is an asset
These are part time positions. Starting rate of pay is $19.84 per hour, and benefits available with terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
This position has a shift schedule. Additional hours available through call-in procedure.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.