About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Nurse Educator to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 163-bed long term care home in Woodstock, Ontario. As a Nurse Educator, you will contribute to the delivery of education to all staff from all departments in regards to new equipment, new legislation, mandatory training under the LTC Act, certifications and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Registered Nurse, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required with teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of the CNO standards of practice and their application to clinical practice required
- Knowledge of Best Practice Guidelines by the RNAO
- Knowledge of the LTC Act and mandatory education requirements
- Knowledge of the principles of Adult Education and their application to adult learners
- A Certificate in Gerontology is preferred
- Membership in RNAO would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control in the long term care sector would be beneficial
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Experience in spreadsheet data development and delivery of educational materials is essential
- Proven practice of excellent organizational skills required
- Current CPR required and qualifications to teach such would be beneficial
This is a part-time position. Pay will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate will require a Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.