BSO Personal Support Worker (Courtland)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO) Personal Support Worker to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 55-bed long term care home in Courtland, Ontario. Under the supervision of the Registered Staff, you will provide personal care and selected nursing measures necessary to maintain the physical, emotional, spiritual and social well-being of our residents.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Current PSW certification
- Two years recent experience working with individuals with various types of dementia, mental health, addictions or other neurological conditions
- Training such as U-First, Crisis Prevention, Gentle Persuasive Approach, Montessori Methods
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, mentoring and problem solving skills
- Able to accept verbal and/or written direction
- Able to cope with physical and emotional demands of the job
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (able to read and write in the English language)
- Punctual and reliable
- Current basic CPR training or willingness to obtain
- Geriatric, long term care experience is an asset
This is a part-time position. Starting rate of pay is $19.48 per hour, with terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
This position has a shift schedule. Additional hours available through call-in procedure.
The successful candidates will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.