Activity Aide (Marmora)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking an Activity Aide to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 84-bed long term care home in Marmora, Ontario.
In this role, you will assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of recreation, lifestyle and wellness services and programs to meet the various social, emotional, physical, spiritual, intellectual and leisure interests and needs of the residents.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Must have a post secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university OR must be enrolled in a community college or university in a diploma or degree program in such a field
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Successful completion of the Food Handlers Course and maintain its currency
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Point Click Care
- Previous experience working in program planning, documentation, and resident recreation assessments within the geriatric population and healthcare setting
- Current First Aid and CPR certification is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Montessori methods in Dementia, UFirst and GPA are considered an asset
- Experience with Point Click Care, and/or MDS RAI coding is considered an asset
This is a permanent part time position. Additional hours available through call-in procedure. Starting rate of pay is $19.95 per hour, with terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.