Dietary Aide/Cook (Harriston)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Dietary Aide/Cook to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 89-bed long term care home in Harriston, Ontario.
You will participate in providing top notch nutritional care to our residents by carrying out food preparation and food service duties.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Safe Food Handler Certification
- Food Service Worker Certificate (completed within 3 years from hire date)
- Preferably 2 years previous kitchen/cooking experience in Long Term Care
- Competently perform all duties within the kitchen, including preparation and handling food item for meal service, serving meals to residents. Familiar with day to day preparation and care of dietary equipment, setting/clearing table, dishwashing and cleaning duties, garbage's and recyclables and all other duties as required by Food Nutrition Manager.
- Ability to read and write effectively in the English language
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Able to work cooperatively with others and on your own
- Responsible and punctual
This is a part-time temporary position. Additional hours are available through call-in procedure. Starting rate of pay is $17.40 per hour, with terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.