Student Housekeeper/Dietary Aide (Listowel RH)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking Student Housekeeper/Dietary Aides to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 64-bed retirement home in Listowel, Ontario. In this role, you will provide high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the facility by adhering to established work routines as well as government and facility regulations. You will also provide assistance in the preparation and service of high quality meals and maintenance of a safe and sanitary environment for our residents.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Basic understanding of equipment and chemicals used in cleaning
- Ability to work independently
- Willing and able to accept verbal and written direction
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Responsible and punctual individual
- Must understand principles of good hygiene
- Ability to feel comfortable with elderly individuals
- Good communication skills
- Completion of the Food Safety Handler Training Program
- Some previous experience in institutional or commercial cleaning considered an asset
These are part-time permanent positions. The positions have an evenings schedule. Rate of pay is $13.28 per hour. Terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.