Guest Attendant (Listowel)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Guest Attendant to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 64 bed retirement home in Listowel, Ontario. Under the supervision of the Registered Staff, you will provide our residents with support in daily living activities, laundry, light housekeeping and food and beverage service.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Mature and empathetic individual.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willing and able to accept verbal and/or written direction.
- At least six months relevant experience working with vulnerable people.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Familiar with regulations pertaining to WHMIS and able to successfully complete the required test.
- A high school diploma or a suitable level of education achieved through community college, university or other accredited institution.
- A current First Aid and CPR certificate obtained pre-employment or within the first year of employment and kept current thereafter.
- Working knowledge of the regulations and standards in the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority Act as they pertain to duties accomplished by the Guest Attendant.
This is a temporary part-time position. Starting rate of pay is $18.81 per hour, with terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
This position has a shift schedule. Additional hours available through call-in procedure.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.