Dietary Aide/Cook (Listowel Retirement Home)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a part-time Dietary Aid/Cook to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 64-bed retirement home in Listowel, Ontario.
In this position, you will participate in food preparation and production, inspecting, sampling food to ensure quality, and estimating quantity of food to meet menu requirements.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Safe Food Handler's Certificate
- Knowledge of safe food handling and preparation techniques
- Ability to adjust standardized recipes and follow instructions
- Able to read and write effectively in the English language
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
- Quantity cooking experience
- Well organized and able to work within established time frames, flexibility
- Familiar with food preparation hygiene and sanitation practices
- Working with Seniors an asset
This is a part-time permanent position. Starting rate of pay is $18.33 per hour, with terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.