Registered Nurse (Courtland)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking Registered Nurse's to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 55-bed long term care home in Courtland, Ontario. As a Registered Nurse, you will provide professional nursing care to our residents and supervise the care provided by Nursing Department staff. As an integral member of the nursing staff, you will:
- Participate in implementation of nursing care objectives, procedures and policies.
- Develop professional relationships with staff, volunteers and families.
- Assess residents' conditions, develop and implement appropriate care plans.
- Ensure that all resident-related documentation is updated and accurate.
- Administer medication.
- Organize nursing staff to provide care in an efficient, effective manner.
- Provide health education to residents and job-related training for staff.
- Take charge of entire facility on weekend, evening and night shifts.
- Current registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Experience in a Geriatric Long Term Care an asset
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to teach
- Punctual and reliable, able to cope with the physical demands for the position.
There are permanent Full-time and Part-time positions available. Rate of pay is $30.59 - $46.31 per hour depending on experience.
Terms and conditions of employment per Collective Agreement.
Additional hours available through call-in procedure.
The successful candidate will require a Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.