Personal Support Worker (Listowel)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Personal Support Worker to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 52-bed long term care home in Listowel, Ontario. Under the supervision of the Registered Staff, you will provide personal care and selected nursing measures necessary to maintain the physical, emotional, spiritual and social well-being of our residents. Your duties will include:
- Assisting in the nursing process by observing and reporting changes in the Resident's physical and emotional condition.
- Participating in the restorative and activation process.
- Performing personal care to enhance the comfort and safety of our residents.
- Assisting with the maintenance of records reflecting each resident's care.
- Maintaining effective communication and good relations with residents, families and staff
- Assisting in maintaining a safe, neat, clean environment.
- Recognizing safety hazards and promoting a safe environment.
- Attending in-service education.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Current PSW certification that meets the requirements of the LTC Act (2007)
- Able to accept verbal and/or written direction
- Able to cope with physical and emotional demands of the job
- Geriatric, long term care experience beneficial
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, (able to read and write in the English language).
- Punctual and reliable
This is a permanent part-time position with the possibility of additional hours through call-ins. . Starting rate of pay is $21.38 (May 31/21) per hour (plus $3/hr temporary wage enhancement), with terms and conditions of employment per Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.