Behavioural Lead RPN (Courtland)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a BSO Registered Practical Nurse to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 55 bed long term care home in Courtland, Ontario. As a BSO Registered Practical Nurse, you will contribute a high level of care for residents, and enhance their overall quality of life. You will provide professional nursing care to our residents and supervise care given by non-registered nursing staff. If you have the drive to see success in others and their healthcare, you will be a great asset to our company.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Preference to candidates with extensive knowledge & skill working with residents with types of dementia, delirium, mental health, addictions, other neurological conditions, and/or with acute behavioural changes.
- Training/knowledge of PIECES, GPA, U-First, Teepa Snow GEMs, PAC, Mental Health First Aid, Non-violent crisis interventions, DementiAbility, and any other courses required by Behavioural Supports Ontario, or willingness to receive training.
- Demonstration of maturity and responsibility, leadership qualities.
- If RPN, completion of pharmacology course for RPN.
- Geriatric long-term care experience.
- Good interpersonal skills, specifically enhanced knowledge of family and caregiver needs best served by a behavioural support system.
- Familiarity with RAI documentation & care planning functions.
- Familiar with regulations pertaining to WHMIS and successfully complete tests.
This is Full-Time position subject to available funding. Rate of pay is $23.92 - $25.96 per hour depending on experience. (As of July 1, 2021 rate of pay will be $24.28 - $26.35).
Terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
This position has a shift schedule. Additional hours available through call-in procedure.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.