Maintenance Person (Fergus)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is currently seeking a Maintenance Person for our 87- bed Long-Term Care Home in Fergus, Ontario. Reporting to the Manager of Support Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance duties.
Duties include various types of repairs, audits, painting, snow removal (tractor and riding lawn mower).
- Must be able to read, write and understand oral and written instructions in English.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing and carpentry.
- Ability to read an understand manuals related to equipment and safety.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job which include considerable walking, standing and lifting/carrying items of various weights and to do snow removal early in the morning and on weekends when required.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritize and organize work.
- Punctual and reliable.
This position is needed for 2 days per week with the possibility of some additional hours. Starting rate is $19.89 per hour.
The successful candidate will require a Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.