Housekeeping Aide (Cambridge)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Housekeeping Aide to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 79 bed long term care home in Cambridge, Ontario. Our Housekeeping Aides are responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the facility by adhering to established work routines as well as government and facility regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assembling required materials and supplies, load the service cart and transport to assigned work area.
- Using specified cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing agents and following specific procedures and shift routines, perform tasks such as: stripping, waxing and buffing of floors, vacuuming, sweeping, dry/wet mopping, scrubbing, sanitizing and disinfecting floors, furniture, shelves, woodwork, bathroom fixtures, spot cleaning walls, windows and doors between washing, dusting, emptying wastebaskets and rearranging furniture, replenishing supplies, cleaning residents' rooms, utility rooms, closets and other areas of the facility.
- Doing regular inventory of cleaning supplies as directed and provide stock information.
- Assist in maintaining cleaning equipment by adhering to established maintenance schedules and reporting any equipment malfunctions.
- Recognizing safety hazards and promote a safe environment for residents and staff.
- Willing to do repetitive tasks daily, receive and carry out instructions given.
- Maintain effective communication with other members of the health care team.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic understanding of equipment and chemicals used in cleaning.
- Willing and able to accept verbal and written direction.
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
- Some previous experience in institutional or commercial cleaning an asset.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Proof of full vaccination mandatory
This is a part-time position with the possibility of additional hours through call-ins. Starting rate of pay is $20.18 per hour. Terms and conditions of employment per Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.