Student Nurse Aides (Harriston NH)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking Student Nurse Aides to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 89-bed long term care home in Harriston, Ontario. Under the supervision of the Registered Staff, you will provide basic care to maintain the physical, emotional, spiritual and social well-being of our residents.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Responsible and punctual individual
- Must understand principles of good hygiene
- Good communication skills (able to read and write in the English language)
- Must be available for all shifts days, evenings and week-ends
- Willingness to work and follow directions, positive attitude
- Sensitive to needs of the elderly, polite manners
- Team player, dependable
- Able to complete tasks in a timely and efficient matter
- Bed making, sorting laundry, assist residents to and from dining room, tea and coffee car and assist/supervised feeding
- Cleaning & washing bedpans and urinals
- Audits as directed
- Must be 14 year of age and in high school
This is a part-time position, rate of pay is $16.70 Terms and conditions per the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.