Registered Practical Nurse (Fergus LTC )
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Registered Practical Nurse to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 87-bed long term care home in Fergus, Ontario. As a Registered Practical Nurse, you will be responsible for providing professional nursing care to our residents and supervising care given by non-registered nursing staff. Your duties will include:
- Participating in the assessment of residents, recording data and observations, initiating remedial health measure where appropriate.
- Assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care plans.
- Administering medication and providing care in accordance with standards of practice, participating in daily rounds and conferences with staff.
- Assigning duties to non-registered staff, assisting with staff orientation and training programs for registered and non-registered nursing assistants.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Current registration with Ontario College of Nurses
- Professional development in long term care desirable
- Geriatric long term care experience an asset
- Demonstrated good judgement, strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in the English language
- Punctual and reliable, able to cope with the physical demands of the position
Full-time and part-time permanent positions available. Rate of pay is $24.74 - $26.13 per hour depending on experience. Terms and conditions of employment per Collective Agreement.
Additional hours available through call-in procedure.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.