Activity Aide (Arthur NH)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking an Activity Aide to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 80-bed Long Term Care Home in Arthur, Ontario.
In this role, you will assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of recreation, lifestyle and wellness services and programs to meet the various social, emotional, physical, spiritual, intellectual and leisure interests and needs of the residents.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of the aging process and skills required to work with an aging population
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work under direction
- Knowledge and skill in the variety of recreational activities
This is a permanent part-time position. Additional hours available through call-in procedure. Starting rate of pay is $18.76 per hour, with terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.