Personal Support Worker (Bonnie Place)
St Thomas, Ontario
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking Personal Support Workers to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 116-bed long term care home in St Thomas, Ontario. Under the supervision of the Registered Staff, you will provide personal care and selected nursing measures necessary to maintain the physical, emotional, spiritual and social well-being of our residents.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Current PSW certification
- Able to accept verbal and/or written direction
- Able to cope with physical and emotional demands of the job
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (able to read and write in the English language)
- Punctual and reliable
- Geriatric, long term care experience beneficial
- Proof of full vaccination mandatory
There is a part time evening position. Starting wage is $24.05 per hour (plus $3/hr temporary wage enhancement), with terms and conditions of employment per Collective Agreement.
Possibility of additional hours through call-in procedure.
A criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening is required.