Cook (Woodstock LTC)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a cook to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 163-bed long term care home in Woodstock, Ontario.
In this position, you will participate in food preparation and production, inspecting, sampling food to ensure quality, and estimating quantity of food to meet menu requirements.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Chef Training Certificate, Culinary Management Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or Food and Nutrition Management Diploma
- Must have or be willing to obtain a Safe Food Handler's Certificate
- Knowledge of safe food handling and preparation techniques
- Ability to adjust standardized recipes and follow instructions
- Able to read and write effectively in the English language
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
- Quantity cooking experience
- Well organized and able to work within established time frames, flexibility
- Familiar with food preparation hygiene and sanitation practices
- Working with Seniors an asset
- Proof of double vaccination mandatory
There is a Part-time position. Starting rate of pay is $21.44 per hour, with terms and conditions of employment per Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.