Resident Care Coordinator (Marmora NH)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Resident Care Coordinator to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 84-bed long term care home in Marmora, Ontario. We are looking for candidates with a background in geriatric care and health care management.
Reporting to the Director of Care, you will co-ordinate services for our residents, ensuring quality resident care and compliance with physicians' care directives as well as corporate and government policies. In addition, this position assists with supervising nursing service, monitoring infections, liaison with Public Health, auditing of nursing processes and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Current Ontario Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse Certificate of Competence.
- Minimum of three (3) years geriatric experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative ability.
- Working knowledge of the Compliance Management Program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Teaching ability.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and computer skills).
- Familiar with regulations pertaining to WHMIS and able to successfully complete the WHMIS test.
This is a full-time permanent position. Wage to commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.