Activity Coordinator (Fergus NH)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking an Activity Coordinator to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 87-bed long term care home in Fergus, Ontario. In this position, you will plan, organize and direct effective administration and programming of the activity department based on established objectives, policies and procedures and contribute to establishing new methods and policies in regards to improving the residents' lifestyles.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university
- At least one year of experience in a health care setting
- Successful completion and maintenance of the Food Handlers Course
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Email, and Point Click Care
- Demonstrated leadership ability and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Exposure to a long term care environment would be an asset
- Proof of full vaccination mandatory
This is a full-time temporary position, rate of pay is $21.59 per hour.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.