BSO Registered Practical Nurse (Courtland)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a BSO Registered Practical Nurse to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 55-bed long term care home in Courtland, Ontario. As a BSO Registered Practical Nurse, you will contribute a high level of care for residents, and enhance their overall quality of life. You will provide professional nursing care to our residents and supervise care given by non-registered nursing staff. If you have the drive to see success in others and their healthcare, you will be a great asset to our company.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Knowledge of the Long Term Care Homes Act and Regulations
- Two years recent experience working with individuals with various types of dementia, mental health, addictions and other neurological conditions and those who are experiencing or at risk of responsive behaviours
- Relevant training of U-First, Crisis Prevention, Gentle Persuasive Approach, Montessori Methods or other related training
- Experience in a Geriatric Long Term Care facility
- Relevant past work experience that demonstrates maturity, initiative, reliability, eagerness to learn, and ability to work with other employees cooperatively
- Ability to perform the physical tasks of the position
This is a part-time position, rate of pay is $24.28 per hour. Terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
This position has a shift schedule. Additional hours available through call-in procedure.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.