Dietary Aide (Arthur NH)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Dietary Aide to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 124-bed long term care home in Arthur, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Food and Nutrition Manager, you will participate in providing top notch nutritional care to our residents by carrying out food preparation and food service duties including:
- Preparing nourishments in accordance with menu plans
- Operating food preparation equipment
- Practicing principles of hygiene and safe food handling
- Assisting with food service at mealtimes
- keeping food preparation areas clean and sanitary
- Assisting in receiving and storing dietary deliveries
- Recognizing safety hazards and promoting a safe environment for residents and staff
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Successful completion of Food Service Worker Certificate and Food Handler Training Program (or commitment to obtain these within a specified period of time, as required under Ontario Long Term Care Homes Act).
- Team player, able to accept direction and stay on task
- Able to read and write effectively in the English language
- Responsible and punctual
- Experience in food service is considered an asset
This is a part-time position. Additional hours are available through a relief or call-in basis. Rate of pay is $19.33 per hour starting rate, with terms and conditions of employment per Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.