Registered Nurse (Woodstock NH)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 163-bed long term care home in Woodstock, Ontario. As a Registered Nurse, you will provide professional nursing care to our residents and supervise the care provided by Nursing Department staff. As an integral member of the nursing staff, you will:
- Participate in implementation of nursing care objectives, procedures and policies.
- Develop professional relations with staff, volunteers and families.
- Assess residents' conditions, develop and implement appropriate care plans.
- Ensure that all resident-related documentation is updated and accurate.
- Administer medication.
- Organize nursing staff to provide care in an efficient, effective manner.
- Provide health education to residents and job-related training for staff.
- Take charge of the entire facility on weekend, evening and night shifts.
- Proof of double vaccination mandatory
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Current registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Experience in geriatric long term care an asset
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to teach
- Punctual and reliable, able to cope with the physical demands for the position
We have permanent full-time and part-time positions available. Rate of Pay is $30.59 - $46.31 depending on experience. Terms and conditions of employment per Collective Agreement.
Additional hours available through call-in procedure.
The successful candidate will require a Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.