Operations Manager - Environmental Services
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care owns and operates 15 Nursing and 10 Retirement Homes in Ontario. We have an opening for an Operations Manager - Environmental Services to join our accomplished team of professionals at our Corporate Head Office located in Woodstock, Ontario. The Operations Manager - Environmental Services will support corporate operations in leading the environmental service teams in the nursing and retirement homes. The incumbent will evaluate environmental service policies, act as a project lead for new environmental service initiatives, deliver training to managers and environmental service teams, and participate in recruitment, selection and orientation of Environmental Service Supervisors. The Operations Manager - Environmental Services will monitor supply and capital budgets and take corrective action when a need is identified within Environmental Services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Secondary School graduation with post-secondary training in a relevant program of study
- Minimum 2 years of senior management experience in healthcare, facilities, environmental services or related
- Have a breadth of knowledge in environmental service and infection control processes
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing and carpentry
- Experience managing projects, including execution of proposals, budgeting and cost controls in a related role
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with senior management and various stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to be creative and resourceful, while maintaining consistency in environmental service practices and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
This is a full-time permanent opportunity. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.