Environmental Services Summer Student (Harriston)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is currently seeking an Environmental Services Summer Student for our 89-bed long term care home in Harriston, Ontario. Reporting to the Executive Director the successful candidate will be responsible for general routine maintenance, painting and gardening in accordance to applicable codes and regulations.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- 15 years old and in high school
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing and carpentry
- Ability to read, write and understand oral and written instructions in English
- Ability to read and interpret manuals related to equipment and safety
- Must be able to stop, lift and carry items of various weights
- Able to work evenings and weekends
This is a temporary (summer months) part-time position. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will require a Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.