Food Nutrition Manager (Fergus)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is currently seeking a Food Nutrition Manager for our 87-bed long term care home in Fergus, Ontario. The preferred candidate must have a current membership in the C.S.N.M. in good standing and experience in a Long Term Care setting. The successful candidate must have demonstrated leadership qualities, advanced communication skills (written & verbal), excellent organizational and time management skills, experience in quantity food preparation and a working knowledge of the Long Term Care Act 2007.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Supervision of Staff to ensure compliance with corporate dietary policies, procedures and established routines including scheduling and ongoing training of staff.
- Implementation and maintenance of facility and government standards of quality
- Adherence to all regulations as set out under the Long Term Care Act 2007, Public Health, the Ministry of Labour, the corporation and all other governing bodies
- Knowledge of quantity cooking and food purchasing including the supervision of receiving and storing food in a safe manner in keeping with company policies and regulatory bodies
- Management of established budget
- Nutritional care of residents including RAI-MDS 2.0 charting using computerized long-term care documentation programs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to problem solve
- Flexibility of hours based on operational needs.
This is a permanent full-time position. Compensation and working conditions will be established as per collective agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.