Nursing Admin Coordinator (Fergus)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking an Nursing Admin Coordinator to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 87-bed long term care home in Fergus, Ontario. With responsibility to carry out a variety of administrative and office support duties, your mission will be to achieve optimal standards of care and services to our residents.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Assists in the production and distribution of nursing department communiqués under the direction of the Director of Care.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written skills
- Ensures that posters, notices are up-to-date, attractively displayed, and easy for residents, employees, and families to read.
- Updates policy and procedures manuals.
- Uses a variety of forums to communicate effectively with employees, external agencies, residents, and families.
Compliance with all Standards
- Ensures that the department maintains standards, which are consistent with the CARF Canada and guidelines for long-term care.
- Assists the Manager of Clinical Informatics as needed in communicating assessment schedules.
Coordinates other support programs and services
- Fills in as Administrative Assistant when necessary.
- Organizes the years of service, educational achievement, and excellent attendance awards with the Staff Educator.
- Assists with any facility-wide activities/ special events (i.e. Long-Term Care Month).
- Assists with any corporate activities/special projects.
- Assists with the completion of the annual budget for the nursing department
- Assists with the completion of variance reporting for staffing hours with the Director of Care
- Ensure appropriate staffing patterns for Nursing Department effective utilization of staff and materials management.
- Responsible for recording and tracking agency utilization and billing.
Human Resources Management for Nursing Department
- Performance Management
- Time Management Programs for Nursing Department
- Demonstrates good knowledge of Collective Agreement, Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Completes and maintains scheduling and payroll for all nursing personnel.
- Books agency personnel as directed.
- Sets the vision, goals and objectives for the department in collaboration with the staff and in line with the overall Home's vision and strategic directions
- Motivates staff and establishes incentive programs that recognize excellent performance.
- Has the ability to problem solve, conflict resolution skills and understands team concepts and team building.
- Monitors documentation systems and processes for quality and adherence to standards.
- Fosters a positive work environment, understands team concepts and team building.
Participates in Committees/Meetings
- Participates and contributes to the management team meetings.
- Co-Chairs the Joint Health and Safety committee as a management member.
- Assigned tasks are completed accurately and in time.
- Submits documentation, reports, and financial information to Executive Director and/or Director of Care as requested.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize schedules and tasks.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems.
Profession Values and Ethics
- Demonstrates qualities and behaviour that reflects values and ethics of the profession.
- Conducts self in a professional manner.
- Must have good attendance
- Takes responsibility for own continuing education.
- Educates staff on Ministry of Health Standards, continuous quality improvement, new policies and procedures and other related topics.
- Completes all assigned training required as per the LTCHA and Regulation 79/10.
- Implements appropriate initial and ongoing computer training and other related topics for employees.
- Maintains non-active records management off-site storage.
- Maintains active records management (i.e. personnel files)
- Ensure quality activities are carried through by reception.
- Sends out performance reviews to Department Heads, Nurse Managers and Executive Director prior to due date and tracks outstanding reviews for the nursing department.
- Responsible for Administration and Nursing Human Resources performance indicators.
- Maintains the nursing absenteeism reports.
- Required to participate in the improvement of the indicators and achieve satisfactory results.
Responsibilities to Health and Safety
- Is aware of employee’s responsibilities and follows all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, co-workers, and residents
- Is alert to and properly reports all actual or potential hazardous situations to immediate supervisor.
- Is aware of WHMIS regulated products and takes safety precautions accordingly
- Promptly reports personal injury to immediate supervisor and seeks first aid as needed
- Participates in fire safety demonstrations and fire drills and knows the facility emergency plan
- Has a good understanding of the Home’s role of the “Competent Supervisor” under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Is aware of how and when to use personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Attend all mandatory health and safety training sessions
- Report hazards that you are aware of to your Supervisor and the JHSC
- Understand and follow all of the Home’s health and safety policies and procedures
- Other Duties as assigned
This is a full-time temporary position. Pay commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.