Director of Professional Practice
Join our dynamic and creative corporate team as a Director of Professional Practice. This position will be responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation, and sustainability of clinical best practice initiatives that are designed to improve the overall quality of care and resident experience across Caressant Care. The Director of Professional Practice will enhance Clinical Policy and Procedures through clinical research and best practice initiatives.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- BScN and current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience related to long term care.
- Expert knowledge in adult education principles and curriculum design principles.
- In-depth proven working knowledge of the healthcare system.
- Strong knowledge of the MOHLTC Act and its Regulation, RHRA Act, CNO Standards, and other relevant legislation.
- Strong industry knowledge related to clinical concepts, clinical care processes, clinical information systems, possessing the ability to use this knowledge to lead strategies and address gaps with the clinical teams.
- Proven leadership, communication, organizational, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven writing skills and experience with policy and procedure development.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, as well as with external stakeholders.
This is a full-time permanent position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate will require a Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.