Environmental Services Supervisor (Courtland))
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is currently seeking an Environmental Services Supervisor for our 55-bed long term care home in Courtland, Ontario. Reporting to the Administrator, the successful candidate is responsible for managing the housekeeping and maintenance departments to achieve high standards of cleanliness and sanitation in accordance with applicable codes and regulations. This position will also act as the Safety Officer for the property, ensuring compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, fire safety standards, security and infection control. Furthermore, the Environmental Services Supervisor will perform routine and preventative maintenance of the facility, complete minor repairs, and servicing and assisting with cleaning and operations.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Secondary School graduation with some post-secondary training in a relevant area and at least one year of experience in a supervisory position
- Previous experience in a facilities management or a supervisory role in a continuous operation
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing and carpentry
- Ability to read and interpret manuals related to equipment and safety
- Able to self-manage, organize priorities and handle competing demands effectively
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to read, write and understand oral and written instructions in English
- Basic computer skills including the ability to use email, conduct internet searches and use word processing software
- Previous experience in a unionized workplace considered an asset
This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will require a Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.