Cook/Dietary Aide (Mary Bucke)
St. Thomas, Ontario
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Cook/Dietary Aide to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 60-bed long term care home in St. Thomas, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Food and Nutrition Manager, you will participate in providing top notch nutritional care to our residents by carrying out food preparation and food service duties.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Must be a Certified Food Service Worker
- Must have Cook Certificate
- Must have Food Handlers Certificate
- Minimum 3 years proven cooking experience in a long term care setting or comparable experience
- Ability to follow directions, work independently or as a team, and make decisions
- Ability to read and write effectively in the English language
- Responsible and punctual
- Quantity cooking skills considered an asset
This is a part-time temporary position (May-Sept.). Additional hours are available through call-in procedure. Starting rate of pay is $21.36 per hour, with terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.