Restorative Care Aide (Harriston)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Restorative Care Aide to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 89-bed long term care home in Harriston, Ontario. We are looking for candidates with a background in geriatric care and health care management.
Reporting to the Director of Care, you will co-ordinate services for our residents, coordinate staff development in the Home, ensuring quality resident care and compliance with physicians' care directives as well as corporate and government policies. In addition, this position assists with supervising nursing service, monitoring infections, liaison with Public Health, auditing of nursing processes and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Current PSW certification
- Restorative Care Course, MOHLTC approved
- Able to accept verbal and/or written direction
- Able to cope with physical and emotional demands of the job
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (able to read and write in the English language)
- Punctual and reliable
- Geriatric, long term care experience is an asset
This is part-time position salary is $16.50/hr, with terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
This position has a shift schedule. Additional hours available through call-in procedure.
The successful candidates will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.