Dietary Aide/Cook (Harriston NH)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking Dietary Aide/Cook to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 89-bed long-term care home in Harriston, Ontario.
This position provides resident nutritional care under the direction and supervision of the Food & Nutrition Manager or delegate. The Dietary Aide participates in the team concept of resident care following established governmental and facility guideline.
Must be able to competently perform all duties within the kitchen including: Preparation and handling food items for meal service; serving meals to residents according to their food preferences, special diets and textures; familiar with day to day operation and care of dietary equipment; understands and practices safe food handling and hygiene; setting, clearing table in dining rooms, dishwashing and cleaning duties; garbage & recyclable. All other job duties and required by FNM
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Safe Food Handlers Certificate to be renewed every 5 years before expiry date
- Food Service Workers Program required - must show proof of enrollment (to be completed 3 years from hire date)
- Previous kitchen/cooking experience in LTC required
- Able to work cooperatively with others and on your own
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Punctual and reliable
This is a permanent part-time position. Additional hours are available through call-in procedure. Starting rate of pay is $18.18 per hour, with terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening. Must have proof of Two Step TB skin test completed within last 12 months.