Executive Director (Bonnie Place)
St. Thomas, Ontario
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking an Executive Director to manage our 116-bed long term care home located in St. Thomas, Ontario. This role involves overall responsibility for quality of resident care, regulatory compliance, leadership of staff, and family and community relations as well as general oversight of an adjacent 60-bed retirement residence.
This opportunity will interest experienced health care managers seeking a meaningful career capstone, or those at mid-career. Your mission will be to achieve optimal standards of care and services to our residents.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- A post-secondary degree (minimum of three-year program), or a post-secondary diploma in health or social services (minimum two-year program)
- Minimum three years' experience in a leadership position, preferably in the health or social services sector
- Have successfully completed or be enrolled in a program in long-term care home administration or management that is a minimum of 100 hours in duration of instruction time
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Long Term Homes Care Act
Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Experience managing staff in a long term care environment.
- Strong planning and administrative skills.
- Able to cope with competing priorities, deadlines and work within a highly regulated environment
This is a full-time permanent position. Compensation commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.