Director of Building Operations (Corporate)
Facilitate and support the environmental services function within our long term care and retirement homes. This corporate-level position is responsible for ensuring that the physical environment within our homes meets regulatory standards, that effective building maintenance programs exist at all homes, risk indicators are identified and any deficiencies are remedied and that the physical environment provides a pleasant, comfortable and safe living space for our residents.
Based at our office in Woodstock, Ontario, this position will involve frequent travel to our homes in southwestern and eastern Ontario. Serving as an important link between the homes and corporate Operations Department staff, the Environmental Services Manager will support, guide and audit environmental services at the homes, while providing timely and accurate information, advice and insight to corporate staff.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Extensive experience managing building services, preferably in a multiple site institutional environment
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, Ministry of Labour inspection processes, Ministry of Long Term Care standards and regulations as they relate to building maintenance, provincial and municipal building codes, knowledge of infection control and sanitation best practices;
- Effective interpersonal skills, able to engage with managers, staff, inspectors, contractors and others at sites and at corporate office, in a professional manner;
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills, including the ability to build strong working relationships;
- Able to effectively lead the corporate service function in the delivery of quality services to the residents and a quality working environment for staff;
- Willing to take initiative and to be creative and resourceful, while maintaining consistency in environmental service practices and standards. Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Familiar with building and building services trades, experience overseeing the work of contractors;
- Effective verbal and written English language skills, strong computer skills;
- Able to meet the physical and cognitive demands of the position.
Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant program
OHA Environmental Service Manager Certification is an asset
Other Requirements: Current criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.