Resident Care Coordinator (Woodstock)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking a Resident Care Coordinator to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 163-bed long term care home in Woodstock, Ontario. We are looking for candidates with a background in geriatric care and health care management.
Reporting to the Director of Care, you will co-ordinate services for our residents, coordinate staff development in the Home, ensuring quality resident care and compliance with physicians' care directives as well as corporate and government policies. In addition, this position assists with supervising nursing service, monitoring infections, liaison with Public Health, auditing of nursing processes and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Current registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Certificate of Competence
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative ability
- Working knowledge of the Compliance Management Program
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Teaching ability
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
This is a full-time temporary position. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.