Assistant Director of Care (Fergus)
About the Opportunity
Caressant Care is seeking an Assistant Director of Care to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 87-bed long term care home in Fergus, Ontario. We are looking for candidates with a background in geriatric care and health care management with a desire to make a difference in the lives of our residents.
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, you will supervise the entire nursing service, ensuring quality resident care and compliance with physicians' care directives as well as corporate and government policies.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Registered Nurse, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of three (3) years geriatric experience
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Teaching ability
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
This is a full-time position. Salary to commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.