Housekeeper - Derby Manor
WestCana is looking for strong, experienced Housekeeper with a passion for the elderly to join our team!
We are proud to support residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia. Our locations include: Langley, Surrey, Delta, New Westminster, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Nanaimo, Victoria, Prince George and Kelowna.
WestCana is positioning itself to become a leader in the Canadian Health Care Industry and know that our success is all thanks to the hardworking and passionate people who make up our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: westcana.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
What we will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
What we need from you:
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Building Service Worker Certificate, Institutional Aide Certificate and/or Basic Food Safe Certificate.
- Institutional cleaning experience.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!